According to tradition, the majority of Bancha teas became popular in the middle of the Edo period. Only by technical advancements and subsequent standardization was the more refined Sencha and other green tea varieties created. Therefore, today there are many different forms of Bancha-production, mainly characterized by regional differences: from the simple drying of harvested leaves to fermented versions that resemble more Chinese teas.
Bancha: Health Benefits
In comparison to Sencha or Gyokuro, Bancha has only a relatively small overall effect on general health, but it does play a more important role in the following areas:
- Good source for minerals / trace elements and in particular iron (especially suitable for vegetarians / vegans and women in menstruation)! See also the article Green Tea and Iron Deficiency. A quality Bancha includes about 30 to 40 of the 50 rare trace elements needed by the body. Above all, it has relatively high levels of certain minerals. With approximately 38 mg iron / 100 g of Bancha tea, it makes one of the strongest iron foods.
- Very good effect on digestion through the numerous and intense tannins (digestive stimulant).
- Bancha is very basic and a strong anti-acid!
- Bancha is also suitable for drinking when suffering from a sensitive stomach and intestinal mucosa (as opposed to Sencha and Gyokuro), even has a positive effect on this.
- Compared to Sencha / Gyokuro it has less than half of their caffeine levels, but still more than twice as much as Kukicha / Karigane does.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women can drink small amounts Bancha daily.
We recommend that you consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before using this products, particularly if you are pregnant, nursing, or on any medications
For educational purposes only This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease
The product may differ from the picture because it is a natural product so the color, taste and smell may depend on the delivery and the season of the year.
Received my product very quickly, excellent packaging, just as described. Thx 😘