Pumpking Seed Powder
How to Enjoy Pumpkin Seed Powder
Pumpkin seed powder has a light nutty taste that blends in well with a variety of foods. Try adding pumpkin seed powder to your salads or cereal, or blend it into a smoothie for an easy way to increase your protein intake. Enjoy it mixed with applesauce or yogurt, or sprinkle it over soups. You can also add pumpkin seed powder to scones, muffins, cookies, and other baked goods. It can also be incorporated into side dishes such as corn, pasta, or rice.
Health Benefits of Pumpkin Seed Powder
1) Cholesterol-Lowering: Pumpkin seed powder has a high content of phytosterols, plant-based compounds that can reduce LDL "bad" cholesterol levels. Pumpkin seeds and other foods are naturally rich in phytosterols. The Journal of Agricultural Food Chemistry published a study in 2005 demonstrating that pumpkin seeds were one of the top three foods in terms of highest phytosterol content. This attribute of pumpkin seeds was compared to other nuts and seeds in the United States.
2) Alkaline-Forming: Consuming alkaline-forming foods can help maintain balanced pH levels in the body, particularly in overly acidic diets. Pumpkin seeds are the only seeds that are alkaline-forming, making them an excellent addition to Western diets which are often too acidic. Studies indicate that eating more alkaline-forming foods can support cardiovascular health, maintain strong bones, and improve brain function.
3) Regulate Blood Sugar Levels: Eating pumpkin seeds is a great option for diabetics looking to control their insulin levels. A 2010 study published in the Journal of Diabetes and Its Complications found that consuming a diet supplemented by a mixture of pumpkin seed and flax seed helped improve blood sugar regulation and antioxidant activity in diabetic rats.
4) Restful Sleep: Feeling restless at night? Pumpkin seed powder might be the key to getting a good night’s sleep. Pumpkin seed powder is rich in the amino acid tryptophan, which aids in the production of serotonin in the brain. An appropriate balance of the neurotransmitter serotonin is responsible for regulating mood, sleep, and appetite. It is particularly helpful for people who have trouble sleeping at night.
5) Prostate Health: Pumpkin seeds are packed with zinc and other antioxidants to reduce the risk for prostate disease. A 2009 study published in Nutrition Research and Practice found that supplementation of pumpkin seed oil and saw palmetto oil may be effective in treating benign prostatic hyperplasia, also referred to as enlarged prostate.
Pumpkin seeds are also extremely rich in vitamins, including C, A, E and mineral salts, magnesium, phosphorus or iron.
This information should not be treated as medical or dietary advice - always do your own research and consult a medical practitioner before taking any supplements, especially if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, have any underlying medical conditions or are taking any medication.
Our powders are 100% pure Fruit & Vegetable and therefore some natural clumping and caking will occur. Some other powders can contain anti-caking agents such as maltodextrin etc. We prefer to supply a 100% Fruit & Vegetable. These clumps do not affect the flavour or quality of the product. If necessary the powder can be passed through a sieve or broken down with the back of a clean spoon if you need to use it as a dry sprinkle.
We recommend that you consult with a qualified healthcare practitioner before using herbal products, particularly if you are pregnant, nursing, or on any medications
For educational purposes only This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease
The product may differ from the picture because it is a natural product so the color, taste and smell may depend on the delivery and the season of the year.
Received in good order well packed item as described
Delighted with these products.Many thanks.Would buy again.